Company: City of Malibu
Posted on: September 7, 2020
City of Malibu - Request for Proposals - City Treasurer
The City of Malibu is seeking a qualified firm to service as the
City Treasurer. The City is seeking a qualified firm to serve as
the City Treasurer. The City Treasurer is appointed by the City
Council in accordance with Malibu Municipal Code section 2.16.010.
The City Treasurer shall be responsible for the safe deposit of all
moneys in the custody of the City and shall perform all the duties
prescribed by law and as may be assigned by the City Council. Prior
to the outbreak of COVID-19, the City Council at the recommendation
of the Administrative and Finance Subcommittee directed staff to
put out a request for proposals for city treasurer services with an
expanded the scope as outlined below. Given the City's current
fiscal position, the City may not be able to utilize all of these
services in the near term; however, the City is seeking a firm with
the ability to perform the tasks as needed.
Scope of Services
The selected firm shall serve as the City Treasurer and perform the
duties of City Treasurer including but not limited to the following
* Designation as a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Public
Finance Officer is desirable
* Be an independent Investment Advisor, registered as such with the
Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the State of
California, and must not act as a broker/dealer.
* Be independent of any financial institution or securities
brokerage firm or shall fully disclose any relationships with such
financial institution and/or securities brokerage firm relevant to
the firm's relationship with the entity.
* Have no record of unsatisfactory performance as evidenced by
complaints filed with the SEC or any federal or state agency with
jurisdiction over the services provided by the firm.
* Review the City's investment policy and internal control
procedures and make recommendations as necessary.
* Be responsible for the safe deposit of all moneys in the custody
of the City
* Perform all the duties prescribed by law and as may be assigned
by the City Council
* Conduct periodic review of surplus cash investments in accordance
with City Council adopted investment policies
* Review of Receipts and Disbursement Schedules
* Review Bank Reconciliations for Internal Control
* Prepare quarterly financial reports
* Review City Budget
* Report to the City Council as required
* Coordinate with City Manager and Assistant City Manager on City
* Review annual independent audit and other audits as requested
* Conduct annual review of banking services
* Other duties as approved by the City Council
Proposals should not include any materials to be returned to the
consultant and should be a concise statement. Each proposal must
include the following information:
- Organization, Credentials and Experience
- Provide a summary of the company's qualifications, credentials
and related past experience.
- Describe the size of your company; indicate the principal,
company official, project manager, as well as all other personnel
who will be assigned to the work.
- Provide a list of three (3) of the company's similar clients
including the names, titles, addresses, and telephone numbers of
the appropriate persons which the City can contact.
- Understanding of the Scope of Work
- Provide a narrative of the company's understanding of the Scope
of Work and a proposal to perform the work.
- Professional Services Agreement
- The selected provider must use and comply with the terms and
conditions of the City's standard Professional Services Agreement
as provided in
Attachment 1 of this Request for Proposals (RFP).
- A written statement that the Consultant shall comply with the
California Labor Code. Pursuant to said regulations entitled:
Federal Labor Standards provisions; Federal Prevailing Wage
Decision; and State of California Prevailing Wage Rates,
- Firms are required to list past, current, or pending litigation
resulting from professional services rendered over the past five
years. If a court or an arbitrator rendered a decision, state the
- Provide a minimum of three references for current or recent
projects or work assignments within the last five years of similar
scope and content.
- Under Separate Cover, provide a rate proposal for the project
based on the proposed scope of work.
- The City intends to award a professional service agreement for
a base term of two years.
2.2 Submittal Procedure
Please follow all directions on our website.
The City reserves the right to extend the deadline or accept a late
submittal with good cause shown.
Response Preparations: No reimbursement will be made by the City
for costs incurred in the preparation of the response to this
Request for Proposals. Submitted materials will not be returned and
become the property of the City of Malibu.
Right to Reject Submittals: Submission of proposals indicates
acceptance by the firm of the conditions contained in this request
for proposals unless clearly and specifically noted in the
submittal and confirmed in the agreement between the City of Malibu
and the firm selected. The City of Malibu reserves the right
without prejudice to reject any or all submittals.CLICK TO APPLY
ABOVE TO SUBMIT MATERIALS VIA OUR WEBSITE
The City of Malibu (City) is a coastal city located in the
northwestern portion of Los Angeles County, California and has a
population of approximately 13,000. The City was incorporated in
1991, operates under the Council/Manager form of government and is
considered a contract city. The five members of the City Council
are elected at-large. They serve staggered four-year terms, with
the Mayor being selected from among the Council Members.
The City covers approximately 21 miles along the coast and offers a
full range of municipal services. The City has 80 full-time
employees and 13 full-time equivalent parttime employees. The City,
organized into 7 departments, provides a number of services
in-house including management and administrative services, building
safety, community services, environmental sustainability, planning,
public works and engineering. Police and fire services are provided
via contract with Los Angeles County. Other services such as the
City Attorney, water, street maintenance and garbage collection
services are also provided via contract or from Los Angeles
County.The City of Malibu's Adopted Budget for Fiscal Year
2019-2020 projected the City's General Fund Operating Budget to be
$31.7 million and the City's Overall Operating Budget to be $46.9
The Adopted Budget for Fiscal Year 2019-2020, as well as amended
mid-year budget, is available on the City's website.The staff
report for the Fiscal Year 2019-2020 Second Quarter Financial
Report and Mid-Year.
Keywords: City of Malibu, Malibu , City Treasurer, Accounting, Auditing , Malibu, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!