Company: All Points North Lodge
Posted on: January 15, 2022
We invite you to join our team!
APN Lodge is seeking an A/P Accountant in Malibu, CA!
Who We Are
All Points North Lodge is a comprehensive behavioral health company
just outside of Vail, CO. You can learn more about us at
www.apnlodge.com! We are searching for team members who share our
values and passion for bringing high-quality care, hope,
opportunity, and restoration for those working through mental
health, addiction, and trauma.
Under the direction of the Assistant Controller, this position is a
key member of the Finance Department. Entails accurate
disbursement, management and reporting of accounts payable.
Maintains accounts payable controls and ensures accurate and timely
reconciliation of control accounts. Assists Finance Department
personnel as required. Position requires accounting knowledge, good
communication skills, initiative, sound judgement, diplomacy,
maturity, and knowledge of company practices and policies for all
locations. Will also include assisting with payroll operations
including updating payroll files, assuring employee payments and
managing deductions and withholdings.
- Follow Company policies and procedures ensuring the timely and
accurate recording and disbursement of all accounts payable.
- Ensures that accounts payable controls are maintained.
- Ensures that Accounts Payable subsidiary balances are
reconciled to the general ledger monthly.
- Ensures that check disbursement runs equal disbursements
recorded in the Accounts Payable system.
- Assists internal and external auditors, as requested, in audit
and research functions related to the Accounts Payable
- Assists the Financial Applications Support Group in
identification, implementation, and testing of software
modifications and enhancements.
- Assists Division personnel with cash disbursement inquiries and
the investigation and resolution of supplier payment disputes or
- Responsible for providing support to accounts payable
application users within the Company.
- Ensures that adequate controls are maintained over unissued
check stock and accounts payable vouchers files (imaged and/or hard
- Ensures that a variety of Accounts Payable maintenance
functions are completed as required (examples: maintenance to
outstanding and paid files; proper recording of Accounts Payable
refunds and stop payments/re-issues; proper recording of manual
checks issued at both Shared Services Accounts Payable and plant
locations; proper recording of outgoing wire transfers for foreign
drafts, tax payments, etc.; proper and timely disposition of
suspected duplicate vouchers and other exceptions pending in the
Accounts Payable System).
- Ensure that All Points North Lodge remains in compliance with
unclaimed property reporting statues.
- Assist in the monthly closing of the Accounts Payable
- Ad-hoc projects and system implementations as needed
- Oversee employee paychecks
- Calculate net salaries considering deductions and
- Ensure payroll and tax documents are accurate
- Update general ledger and payroll files
- Prepare accounting files, records, and schedules
- Monitor paid and unpaid leaves
- Process overtime earnings or holiday deductions
- Resolve payroll problems (e.g. overlooked bank holidays, late
- Participate in payroll audits
- Ensure compliance with governmental laws on payroll accounting
and taxesRequired Qualifications:
- Associate's Degree required (General Business, Accounting,
Finance), Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Prior experience in A/P Accounting, prefer 3 or more year's
- Experience accurately handling large volume workload
- Previous experience as a payroll accountant or in a similar
- Understanding local and governmental rules about payroll,
- Must be able to work on-site in Malibu, CABenefits
All Points North Lodge offers a comprehensive benefits package
including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k. All
Points North Lodge also offers paid holidays and vacation time to
facilitate a healthy work-life balance.
All Points North Lodge is an equal opportunity employer. All
employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed,
gender, age, religion, national origin, veteran status, sexual
orientation, sexual identity, sexual expression, or disability that
does not prohibit performance of essential job functions.
Salary range: $45,000-$65,000/year
Keywords: All Points North Lodge, Malibu , A/P Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Malibu, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!