AP Assistant Manager
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Orfium is a fast-growing music technology company representing some
of the largest music companies in the world. We are looking for
talented, hardworking people to join our rights management team who
are passionate about protecting the value of music. Our office is
located in Malibu, CA with a beautiful ocean view overlooking the
Malibu Pier. Some of our clients include Warner Music Group, Sony
Music Group, Sony/ATV Music Publishing, Warner Chappell Music
Publishing, Global Music Rights, Ingrooves, Red Bull, and many
Position Summary The AP manager is responsible for managing all
functions related to account payable. This includes payments of
vendor invoices, maintaining accurate records over general ledger
accounts through monthly bank and account reconciliations, and
development and implementation of department policies and controls.
This role works closely with the Accounting Manager to support
monthly, quarterly, half year, and year-end financial close,
preparation of financial reports requested by management, and
maintenance of vendor records.
- Manage all activities in the accounts payable function
including the timely payment of vendor invoices, recording of
expenses from bank feeds and processing of payroll.
- Maintain accurate records over general ledger accounts
including bank reconciliations, accounts payable, expense and
payroll accounts, and identify, report and correct errors.
- Process payroll and invoices in HRIS for all employees,
contractors and vendors.
- Assist in onboarding of new employees or contractors.
- Compile, analyze and report financial information to management
and government agencies.
- Develop, implement and maintain systems, policies, and
procedures within the accounts payable function to ensure adherence
to company guidelines, department budgets, and internal
- Provide accounting assistance to project managers and
operations staff; respond to financial questions/concerns to meet
- Support timely monthly, quarterly, half-year, and year-end
financial close and preparation of financial statements, including
journal entries, account reconciliations, accruals, and overall
maintenance of all operational management accounts.
- Prepare financial reports as requested by management by
collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and
trends primarily within Accounts Payable.
- Develop processes to increase efficiency and accuracy.
- Maintain vendor records and perform 1099 filings on an annual
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Preferred experience in accounting, finance, management or
- Minimum 2 years preferred accounting experience (Public
Accounting or experience at an established or publicly traded
- Masters in Accounting or Tax and/or a CPA a plus.
- Familiarity with GAAP and corporate finance principles and
accounts payable procedures.
- Commitment to ethical behavior.
- Experience in the entertainment industry with knowledge of
accounting for royalties a plus.
- Proficiency with computers, especially business solutions and
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Strong analytical, multitasking, and problem-solving
- Ability to analyze information and processes.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful
- Stay up to date with guidelines set by Orfium, the clients and
- Advanced computer experience, proficient in MS Office
- Experience with QuickBooks, Sage Intacct or a similar
- Knowledge of computer programming languages (i.e. Python, VBA)
also a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; extremely
- BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university.
This position does not supervise.
Essential Work & Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Available to work a minimum of 40 hours per week and a minimum
of 5 days per week.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Orfium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Stock Options
- EAP (Employee Systems Program)
- Simple Ira Match
- Unlimited PTO
Keywords: Orfium, Malibu , AP Assistant Manager, Executive , Malibu, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!