Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Posted on: November 23, 2022
The Primary Therapist is responsible for facilitating the
clinical/client interface. The Primary Therapist fulfills direct
service, including individual, couple/family and group
psychotherapy, consultations and crisis interventions.
- Strong knowledge of, substance use dependence, family system,
mental health, and recovery resources in the community. Knowledge
of current legal standards pertaining to professional practice,
reporting requirements, professional boundaries and related
- Knowledge of company's policy and procedures, DHCS, Joint
Commission and Utilization Review standards and regulations. Adhere
to all regulations and documentation requirements in regards to
client care and compliance of all client care. Insure that clients
charts are up to date at all time.
- Conducts assessments of client at the time of admission and
re-assessments as required. Conducts mental status examinations,
suicide risk assessments and nutrition screens. Responsible for
conducting case management; individual/family therapy, clinical
assessment, treatment plan, treatment plan reviews, utilization
reviews, progress notes, discharge planning for all assigned
clients, and maintain appropriate documentation. Intervenes and
assists as needed clinically with all clients, families and
- Assumes responsibility of knowing when clients are in need of
extensions or referrals, and actively participates in obtaining
-appropriate extensions/referral. You are the contact for
appropriate referral source and family of assigned clients
throughout treatment. Insure referrals are made to:
- Outside therapist/psychiatrists, Doctors etc.
- -To continuing levels of care both within our system and to
other programs. Confirm appropriate medical care/medications are
being provided to client. Approve ancillary appointments, and
verify they are being kept. Work directly with MD and
Psychiatrists. Assure the milieu is therapeutic and physically safe
at all times.
- Participate in case conference reviews. Attends weekly clinical
meeting. Keep an open line of communication regarding clients
condition, appointment, requests and approvals, and room changes
with Clinical/Program Director and Case Managers, Review shift log
daily for treatment implications.
- Participates in staff meeting, providing training with regard
to therapeutic services and, mental health topics.
- Participates in alumni and referral source events pertinent to
the facility. Available if needed for tours.
- You may maintain a private practice as long as your
responsibilities at our Facility come first. You may not take our
clients into your private practice without written authorization
from CEO. Your practice cannot interfere with your duties at
- Responsible for client charting, assessment, treatment plan,
therapy and progress notes, exit plan and discharge summary.
- Must follow all policy & procedures in reporting and record
keeping. Must be knowledgeable in all DHCS, Joint Commission,
Utilization Review standards and regulations and adhere to those
- Responsible to ensure clients safety.
- Participates in extensions and referrals.
- Must have an understanding of the required documentation, the
ability to document properly, and in a timely manner. -
- Attends weekly Clinical meeting, any other job-related
responsibilities as assigned by Program Director or Clinical
- Perform other duties unrelated to clinical activities by
working directly with CEO on marketing, media, and
transcripts/writings for our publications. This is a full-time
interim position. For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit
our website at cliffsidemalibu.com. Qualifications
- Registration from Board of Behavioral Sciences (vis. LSCW or
LMFT, ASW or AMFT)). - Fully Licensed or Intern/Associate, 1-year
experience in evaluating and or treating persons suffering from
Drug and Alcohol abuse. Must demonstrate knowledge of treatment
needs and modalities depending on diagnostic issues. - Current and
in good standing with the Board of Behavioral Science. -
- Significant experience working in Substance Use Disorders
treatment. This includes knowledge of and experience in delivering
all modalities of treatment, group and individual.
- Profound understanding of recovery and the recovery community
as demonstrated by the ability to demonstrate competence and speak
- Understanding of diagnostic issues, specifically issues of
- Must demonstrate the ability to write competently. This
includes case evaluations, treatment plans and discharge plans and
- Must have valid CA. driver's license if driving personal
vehicle on our property
- Masters Degree level education and fully licensed
- First Aid/CPR certification, obtained within 90 days of
employment and maintained current
- Computer skills adequate to perform required documentation
- Any of the following: LCSW, PHD, PsyD, LMFT, LPCC, ASW.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.---All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national
origin. - For more information about our company benefits, please
visit us atdiscoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/PandoLogic.
Keywords: Addiction Counselor, Location: Malibu, CA - 90263 , PL:
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Malibu , Primary Therapist, Healthcare , Malibu, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!