Outpatient Pharmacist - Per Diem - Panorama City Only
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Under indirect supervision, provides patient care, clinical
activities, and patient consultations within the scope of pharmacy
practice that optimizes medication therapy and promotes health,
wellness, and disease prevention. Provides direction to Pharmacist
Residents, Pharmacist Interns, Pharmacy Technicians, and
non-licensed personnel. Dispenses compounds, procures, stores,
furnishes, orders, administers and distributes pharmacy products
and drug tests. Performs drug conversions, and participate in the
evaluation and management of diseases and health conditions in
collaboration with other health care providers. Is accountable for
knowledge of updated clinical skills, knowledge of regulatory
changes, and assurance of workplace safety, and a safe and healthy
working environment. Provides medical personnel and patients with
medication and information and product identification. Performs
other duties as required.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanentes Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local
- Completes knowledge and skills-based training assessments and
- Interviews patient to obtain information regarding drug use,
drug allergies and sensitivities and documents the information to
appropriate records of the pharmacy information system; advises
patients verbally and with written materials on significant
precautions, proper drug therapy and administration, the use of
related devices and the coordination of drug therapy with diet,
according to established policies and procedures.
- Reviews and interprets prescription orders and verifies
accuracy and completeness of patient labeling and input into
pharmacy information system.
- Dispenses, compounds, procures, stores, furnishes, orders,
administers and distributes pharmaceuticals and pharmacy products
and drug related tests, including antineoplastics and/or other
sterile products as required, according to legal requirements,
established policies and procedures, under protocol and accepted
professional standards of practice.
- Evaluates and resolves real or potential drug therapy problems
related to interpretation of prescriptions, drug furnishing
irregularities, service complaints and issues such as drug
procurement or equipment problems, according to established
policies and procedures.
- Confers with medical personnel concerning care and treatment of
patients, related critical diagnoses, drug dosage, interactions,
dosage forms, and other factors which might influence the course of
treatment and the activity medications; suggests changes in drug
therapy and/or use, as appropriate to assure optimum therapeutic
results and cost effective prescribing.
- Participates in cost-effective prescribing programs and assists
in promoting adherence to formulary by providing immediate feedback
to prescriber, educational or in-service presentations, publication
of newsletter and compilation of prescribing and drug usage data as
coordinated by the Drug Education Coordinator (DEC) and/or pharmacy
- Makes recommendations to management regarding systems or
- Ability to interact effectively with co-workers and contributes
as a team player,
- Maintains work area and equipment in an organized and clean
condition; maintains a safe and efficient work environment.
- Supports a collaborative Labor-Management Partnership
environment. Basic Qualifications:
- Must have 1 year of recent (within 3 years) experience as a
pharmacist, pharmacy intern, or completion of residency Education
- Degree in Pharmacy from an ACPE (or ACPE candidate status)
accredited School of Pharmacy License, Certification, Registration
- Pharmacist License (California) required at hire
- Controlled Substance Utilization Review and Evaluation System
Registration required at hire
- National Provider Identifier required at hire Additional
- Must be able to meet physical demands of the job including
frequent standing, walking, bending, reaching, pushing,pulling,
lifting of material up to 30 pounds.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of Federal and State laws, regulations, and standards
regarding the provision of pharmaceutical services.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current
pharmacological/biopharmaceutical principles, medical terminology,
pathologies, disease state, age appropriate therapy, and other
information as it pertains to medical or pharmaceutical care.
- Demonstrated ability to extract pertinent information from the
patient or other sources and relate it to the patients medical
- Experience operating pharmacy computer systems and other
equipment. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in a high volume pharmacy preferred
- Doctorate of Pharmacy, Pharm.D.
Job Category: Pharmacy
Keywords: Kaiser, Malibu , Outpatient Pharmacist - Per Diem - Panorama City Only, Healthcare , Malibu, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...