Starbucks - Barista I
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Location: US-CA-MALIBUSystem ID: 734024Category: Food
ServiceEmployment Status: Full-TimeUnit Name: PEPPERDINE UNIV -
STARBUCKSUnit Contact: Jasmine RobyUNIT DESCRIPTION#IN #PM Ready to
Work? Sodexo Pepperdine Dining Services is hiring!This position is
located at Pepperdine University in Malibu, CA.A few perks of
working at Sodexo include: competitive pay, free shift meal, health
and dental insurance, company-matching 401k, as well as the
opportunity to grow your career! * Please ask about our
transportation program! Benefits EligibilityFull Time Benefits: At
Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be
their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits
programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle
including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other
benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs and
access to our employee assistance program and other discounts
(eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all
employees). Position SummaryThe Barista I provides exceptional
customer service while making hand-crafted, quality beverages. The
Barista will take orders and make coffee, tea and other drinks to
customer specifications. The individual will also operate cash
registers and credit card machines. The Barista fields customer
complaints or questions while working to maintain good customer
relations and speedy delivery of all beverages. The general
responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but
Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These
responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business
necessities and client requirements. General Responsibilities:
- Greets customers, take orders, mixes and serves hot and cold
beverages such as coffee, espresso, cappuccino, caf-- latte, tea,
chai, fruit blend drinks, etc. while considering customer
- Works to maintain good customer relations and speedy delivery
of all beverages and food items.
- Arranges coffee bar/cart supplies and cups/mugs to make
- Maintains bar/cart area in a neat and sanitary manner.
- Often cleans coffee machines, restaurant areas, restrooms and
- Records all sales, collects money, operates a cash register and
follows all cash-handling procedures as required.
- May sell food items.
- May operate a cash/credit card/electronic payment
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
satisfactory regularity. Experience/Knowledge:
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- Customer Service related work experience.
- Must have knowledge of food preparation, sanitation, standards,
and inventory control systems.
- No previous work experience required. Skills/Aptitude:
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and
understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers,
vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond to
- Basic food-handling skills. License/Qualifications
- Starbucks Baristas will be required to be certified. Physical
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds. Working
Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside
activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
loud.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: Sodexo, Malibu , Starbucks - Barista I, Hospitality & Tourism , Malibu, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!