Overnight Behavioral Tech
Company: Cliffside Malibu
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Job DetailsJob Location5705 CM Sunset Malibu - Malibu,
CAPosition TypeFull-TimeJob ShiftFull-TimeThe Behavioral Tech
provides client supervision and staff/unit support as assigned. The
health, welfare and safety of our participants is the main-focus of
your position. Monitor and track activities of participants and
document all observations and actions. Check facility, grounds and
participants regularly for security and or safety
- Facilitates clients' daily needs per the program schedule.
- Conducts person and property searches of participants as
- Performs urine drug screening testing of participants as
- Provides transportation services including patient
transportation/supervision, errands, shopping, pick-ups etc. (must
be pre-qualified to drive our vehicles and clients).
- Observes and monitors participants' behavior and interactions.
Documentation in communication log
- Maintains awareness of client schedules and personal time.
- Completion of Med training required.
- Conducts regular house and grounds checks, advising supervisor
of any irregularities. Assists in keeping grounds and facility safe
- Knowledge of drug and alcohol dependency, mental health, family
systems and various recovery resources in the community.
- Basic knowledge of referrals, both within and outside of our
- Ability to confront behavioral changes, identify a crisis, and
recognize when additional assistance is necessary.
- Ability to recognize personal recovery issues that have an
impact on job performance and interactions with clients.
- Fully understands and maintains policies regarding professional
ethic, including appropriate boundaries and patient
- Becomes familiar with the Policy and Procedures. Consistency
required in following our policies and procedures. Follow emergency
procedures exactly (notification protocols, transportation, etc.)
Follow exact directions given and documents everything.
- Ability to demonstrate respect for cultural lifestyle
diversities of clients and staff.
- Attends all staff meetings, in-service trainings, and
- Stock food and drink supplies for clients and staff
- Under your Supervisor's direction you maybe be asked to perform
some office duties. Including but not limited to: Assembly,
breakdown and quality assurance of client charts, light filing, and
answering of telephones.Competencies and Performance Expectations:
- Document client intake and treatment progress
- Identify a crisis
- Assess and report client behavioral changes
- Identify personal boundaries and be able to work as part of the
- Adhere to professional standards
- Recognize personal biases working within diverse
populationsThis is a full-time position at a residential program.
For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at
- Recommended minimum High-school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of drug and alcohol dependency and mental health
issues. Previous work experience preferred.
- Valid Class "C" Driver's License and liability insurance.
- Vision, hearing, manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination;
must be adequate for performance e.g. able to sit at a desk, safe
driver, use computer, write clear and concise statements, move
about the facility
- Medication training required within 30 days
- TB test prior to hire and current thereafter
- Clean U/A test. - Random drug testing done after hire.
- First aid/CPR certification, obtain within 90 days and maintain
- Registration in approved counselor certification program
obtained within 3 months from hire.
- 1 year minimum of continuous sobriety, if in recoveryWhy Work
with UsAt Cliffside Malibu you will have the opportunity to work
closely within a team of professionals consisting of substance use
experts, all dedicated to promoting lasting health and healing.
Clinical supervision and guidance are provided on total client care
and therapeutic milieu management, as well as career growth and
personal development oversight. You will develop an individualized
growth plan which will help you develop your professional skills
and career objectives.Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation
- Full medical, dental, and vision
- Paid sick time, vacation days
- 401k with employer match (Traditional/Roth)
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Supplemental benefits including FSA, HSA, and Pet
- Opportunities for additional certifications and educationGet to
Know UsCliffside Malibu is one of the nation's premier drug and
alcohol treatment centers, nestled in the Santa Monica mountains
overlooking the Pacific Ocean in Malibu, California. Cliffside
Malibu caters to discerning clients in a luxurious setting.
Cliffside Malibu incorporates the Stages of Change model in its
clinical modalities. Each client is assessed and placed in an
individualized treatment plan that includes a holistic, healthy
approach to lasting recovery.
Keywords: Cliffside Malibu, Malibu , Overnight Behavioral Tech, Other , Malibu, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!