Senior Satellite Digital Payload Systems Engineer
Posted on: April 10, 2021
The Boeing Company is seeking a Senior Satellite Digital Payload
Systems Engineer (Level 5) to support our Space & Launch programs
in El Segundo, CA. As a Satellite Digital Payload Systems Engineer,
you will design, develop, and deliver state-of-the-art payloads for
space-based applications for commercial, civil, Milsatcom, and/or
national security programs. You will lead a highly-motivated team
that works with domestic or international customers on their latest
satellite systems. This is a 1st shift position.Project assignments
typically span the complete program life cycle, from internal
trades, concept studies and system definition, to satellite
development, launch, and on-orbit operations and test. Candidates
will belong to a systems engineering team interacting with
customers, suppliers, program management, integration and test
engineers, and senior technologists. This is a 1st shift
- Define and develop satellite systems and payload
- Lead trade studies for advanced technology designs.
- Define and verify space payload system requirements and
- Lead system-level CONOPS development, functional analysis and
- Lead payload integration and validation.
- Perform analyses and simulations for space payload
- Perform hardware engineering support, design reviews, and unit
- Lead system verification preparation, execution,
troubleshooting, and sell-off.
- Mentor the program junior systems engineers and review their
work for quality.This position requires an active/current U.S.
Security Clearance with successful completion of a Single Scope
Background Investigation (SSBI) by the federal government within
the last 5 years (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in
the past 24 months is considered active.).Basic (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited course of study,
in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
- 10 years' experience working with digital hardware design,
test, and verification.
- 5 years' experience working on aerospace payload systems.
- 5 years' experience in engineering leadership.Preferred
- Experience with technology development and project
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.Typical
Education / ExperienceDegree and typical experience in engineering
classification: Bachelor's 14 or more years' experience, Master's
with 12 or more years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years'
experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an
accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although
not required, accreditation standard.Relocation:This position
offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation
is available for internal candidates, based on candidate
eligibility.)Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer
applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana,
cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is
met as outlined in our policies.
Keywords: BOEING, Malibu , Senior Satellite Digital Payload Systems Engineer, Other , Malibu, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!