Located in Malibu, California, HRL has been on the leading
edge of technology, conducting pioneering research and advancing
the state of the art.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* This role requires a fundamental understanding of circuits and
mixed signal design as well as proficiency in scripting, back end
digital flows, CAD tools, and foundry PDK formats.
* In-depth knowledge in CAD/EDA tools to support team of
engineers on their daily CAD issues.
* Install and maintain and troubleshoot PDK environments for
* In addition to executing the above tasks the role is primarily
for someone who can build and customize robust back-end flows,
capturing the needs of both digital and analog circuit
implementation and verification.
* At least 6 years as lead engineer with demonstrable experience
* Proficient in perl/tcl/python or other scripting language and
in Verilog/VHDL and C/C++
* Expert in CAD tools, simulation and debug tools, design
databases, file formats, back end flows
* Support semiconductor design engineers in CAD/EDA issue and
maintain tools, licenses, storage and compute servers
* Install and manage EDA license servers and simulation tools
(Cadence, Synopsys, Calibre and other EDA/CAD related tools)
* Capable of customizing/generating standard cells for automated
digital design flows
* Experience with custom device generation (eg. transistors,
diodes, resistors, capacitors, MEM structures)
* Familiarity with semiconductor IC technologies (e.g., SiGe
* Understanding of circuit design techniques, semiconductor
device physics, signal processing,
* Experience with Linux workstation environment
* Use diverse laboratory tools for IC evaluation and
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Proficiency in use of computers, engineering work stations,
complex electronic equipment, oral and written communication,
interaction with vendors/colleagues and willingness to work in a
fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
* Ability to work well in a team and independently.
EDUCATION DESIRED: BS or MS., Electrical Engineering
U.S. citizenship is required. Must be able to obtain and
maintain a security clearance. Active SSBI is a plus.
Keywords: "CAD Engineer", "cad support", AMS, ASIC,
mixed-signal, analog, place, route, PDK, Library
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements,
therefore a "U.S. Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is
required. "U.S. Person" includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent
resident, refugee, or asylee.
HRL offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K
match, gym facilities, PTO, growth potential, and an exciting and
challenging work environment.
HRL Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and
does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training or promoting,
on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information,
national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical
condition, U.S. military or protected veteran status, union
membership, or political affiliation. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
* Pay Type Salary
* Malibu, CA, USA