Quality Assurance Specialist
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Orfium is a fast-growing music technology company representing some
of the biggest music companies in the world. We are looking for
talented, hardworking people to join our rights management team who
are passionate about protecting the value of music. Our office is
located in Malibu, CA with a beautiful ocean view overlooking the
Malibu Pier. Some of our clients include: Warner Music Group, Sony
Music Group, Sony/ATV Music Publishing, Warner Chappell Music
Publishing, Global Music Rights, Ingrooves, Red Bull, and many
Position Summary: The Quality Assurance Specialist position is
responsible for reviewing and approving claims placed by their
assigned team, adherence to YouTube's guidelines and Orfium's
policies and account specifics, and resolving disputes, claim
related conflicts, inbound conflicts, and quality control of all
claims placed by their team. This role requires strong analytical
skills, a thorough understanding of YouTube's guidelines and
Orfium's policies and account specifics, an exceptional musical
ear, and the ability to conduct research to make well-informed
decisions when approving claims.
- Review claim requests from the assigned team and research
assets, channels, composers, production companies, multi channel
networks, release dates etc. to approve or deny claim
- Quality control of all claims placed by their assigned
- Proactively communicate claiming mistakes to assigned
- Monitor and control the team's top grossing and high risk
- Resolve disputes, claim related conflicts, and inbound
conflicts as necessary.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Preferred minimum 1 year Orfium music copyright
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize projects and tasks, and delegate when
- Ability to organize and mobilize teams across multiple
initiatives and allocate resources effectively.
- Ability to analyze music on a harmonic, melodic, lyrical, and
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful
- Adapting quickly to changing needs of the company, client,
teams and individuals.
- Advanced computer literacy (i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint,
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; extremely
- Extensive musical experience with an exceptional ear.
- Complete knowledge of company policy, practices, and
- Outstanding YouTube/CMS/Manual claiming proficiency.
- Analytical, data-driven mindset.
- Understanding of Youtube's guidelines and policies.
- Understanding of Orfium's client account specifics.
- Understanding of Orfium's guidelines for claiming.
- Preferred BA or BS degree from an accredited college or
This position will not be directly supervising.
Essential Work & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Available to work a minimum of 40 hours per week and a minimum
of 5 days per week.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
Orfium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Orfium, Malibu , Quality Assurance Specialist, Other , Malibu, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!