Meat Cutter (Butcher) - Full Time
Company: Whole Foods
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Performs duties relating to the cutting, preparation, display,
and selling of meat products. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs
require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous,
friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at
all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team
and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must
be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team
Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM
core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store
programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable
health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory
duties required in the department.
* Cuts, platters, and merchandises products (beef, pork, lamb,
* Prepares specialty meat merchandise (i.e. sausage, oven ready
products, and cured meats).
* Checks product to make sure it meets WFM quality standards.
* Maintains sampling program.
* Monitors and assists in preventing spoilage.
* Mentors and supports assigned Meat Cutter Trainee(s).
* Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed
and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required
trainings and meetings.
* Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers
in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling
techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
* Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures
for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising
* Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established
procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation,
and safe work practices.
* Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary
working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance
with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
* Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures
accuracy of signs and pricing.
* Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
* Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national
* Working understanding of Meat team processes and procedures.
* Excellent cutting skills with the ability to bread product down
into sub-primal and retail cuts.
* Extensive knowledge of different cuts and cooking techniques of
meat and seafood.
* Ability to visually examine products for quality and
* Capable of accessing information about market conditions and
communicating this information to customers.
* Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work
as part of a team.
* Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner
to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
* Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in
all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
* Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time
management and organization skills.
* Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods
* Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
with a sense of urgency.
* Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
* 14+ months retail experience.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
* In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
* Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
* Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting
* Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
* Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
* Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
* Ability to handle knives and other cutting equipment.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
* Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters,
electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
Note: The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary
of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as
an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties
or requirements for every position. Requirements build as one
progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a
lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the
duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other
responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business
conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for
the particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful
performance in their current position before being considered for
promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level
position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the
candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new
position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an
advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or
developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not
guarantee a promotion.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment
opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race,
color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status,
disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole
Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on
qualifications for the position to be filled and business
Keywords: Whole Foods, Malibu , Meat Cutter (Butcher) - Full Time, Other , Malibu, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!