Research Associate II - Rodent Genetics Core
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Principal Investigator, Makoto Katsumata, PhD, is looking for a
Research Associate to join the Rodent Genetics Core! The Rodent
Genetics Core is a division within the Animal Models Core,
specializing in the production of genetically modified animals. The
goal of the core is to efficiently provide high-quality, specific
pathogen-free transgenic and knockout (knock-in) mice carrying
genes of specific interest to a broad range of biomedical research
projects to investigators at Cedars-Sinai, as well as affiliated
and outside institutions. To learn more, please visit -Rodent
Genetics Core - Cedars-Sinai. Are you ready to be a part of
breakthrough research? Working under direct supervision, the
Research Associate II (RA II) performs routine and increasingly
complex laboratory tasks and procedures and develops technical
expertise in one or more areas relevant to research projects. The
RA II will participate in research activities involving all aspects
of the research process, including but not limited to;
investigation, technical, testing/validation of results, and report
findings. The RA II will observe and comply with safety standards
and procedures, assist in the preparation of data for publication
and/or presentation at scholarly meetings, and assist in general
laboratory maintenance. This position does not have supervisory
responsibilities. #Jobs Primary Job Duties and
- Performs a variety of increasingly sophisticated experimental
protocols and procedures and assist in the design of new complex or
unusual protocols and techniques.
- Keeps accurate and detailed records of experiments and results,
and assist in identifying and troubleshooting unexpected
- Orders laboratory supplies and supports laboratory
- Maintains lab equipment and related records and may coordinate
the use of lab equipment.
- Assists in the operation of specialized equipment, as required
by the area of research.
- Orients research laboratory assistants or lower-level research
associates and undergraduate student researchers on day-to-day lab
operations and routine procedures.
- Responsible for the care, breeding, and management of
laboratory animals as well as performing various animal related
procedures and surgeries.
- Performs pronuclear microinjection, embryonic stem cell
injection and embryo transfer.
- PCR based mouse genotyping.
- Preparation of laboratory reagents.
- Plasmid subcloning, amplification, and purification.
- Electroporation and selection of embryonic stem cells.
- Ability to acquire and adopt new technologies in the field such
as electroporation of embryos with CRISPR mixture.
- Ability to design gene targeting strategies using conventional
ES or more advanced CRISPR technologies.
- Ability to schedule day-to-day operations.
- Ability to come in on weekends (1-2 times a month) and early
mornings (2-3 times a month) for animal care and procedures as
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in
biological science required.
Experience and Skills:
- At least one (1) year of research laboratory experience in the
area of research specialization, is required. Understanding of
general research objectives.
- Experience with rodent handling and husbandry is highly
- Familiar with routine laboratory procedures, experimental
protocols, and overall lab organization.
- Highly motivated and ability to work independently with
superior interpersonal, communication, and organization
- Ability to work across company teams and functional units, and
computer application experience.
- Computer skills include, but are not limited to, Excel, Word,
Access, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple clerical trials, and
attention to detail.
Working Title:Research Associate II - Rodent Genetics Core
Department:BMS - General
Business Entity:Academic / Research
Job Specialty:Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Keywords: Cedars-Sinai, Malibu , Research Associate II - Rodent Genetics Core, Other , Malibu, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!