Pharmacy Assistant- (Bilingual Spanish)
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Under direct supervision and control of a licensed pharmacist,
provides in-person and telephone reception, receives and directs
new and refill prescriptions for further processing, produces
computerized or typed prescription labels, packages and sells
filled prescriptions and pharmaceutical merchandise and assists
pharmacy personnel with clerical functions.Essential
- Upholds Kaiser Permanentes Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
Provides in-person and telephone reception to patients in
accordance with established service and telephone access
- Receives new prescriptions and/or refills ensuring the correct
entry/documentation of information required to process the
- Identifies prescriptions needing refill authorization and
refers to providers.
- Verifies that prescription indicates drug name, strength,
direction for use, quantity to be dispensed, any special
instructions, and refill information. Recognizes potential for
generic or therapeutic substitution.
- Alerts pharmacists when information is lacking and prescription
requires further action and/or when information is noted in allergy
and comment field in PIMS.
- Enters required prescription and/or patient information into
pharmacy computer (Pharmacy Information Management System-PIMS)
and/or types prescription label.
- Processes prescription refill authorization requests and enters
responses from providers into PIMS.
- Places filled prescription(s) in appropriate container for
immediate or future sale.
- Organizes and maintains packaged prescriptions for efficient
- Prepares prescriptions for delivery by mail or UPS when
- Sells prescriptions verifying correct patient through the
matching of a call slip against a claim check, checking health plan
card or other patient identification.
- Sells other pharmaceutical merchandise to members.
- Records all transactions and receipt of cash, checks, or credit
card charges in cash register.
- Provides correct change and appropriate receipts to
- Maintains the security and integrity of the cash register
- Counts cash drawer change fund.
- Is responsible for preparation and proper disposition of
- Follows Regional, Area and location cash handling policies and
- Prepares and reconciles daily cash register summary documents
and prepares daily combined bank deposit for pharmacy.
- Forwards appropriate cash summary and documentation to cash
control as required.
- Completes appropriate documentation and secures the bank
deposit and exchange fund for pick-up by armored car delivery
- May be required to perform duties of the Inventory Control
Assistant, which include the ordering and receiving of
pharmaceutical merchandise from established sources, affixing price
labels, and restocking shelves both within the pharmacy and medical
- Makes recommendations to management regarding systems or
operational improvements to enhance services provided by the
- Maintains work area and equipment in an organized and clean
condition; maintains a safe, secure and efficient work
- Exemplifies pharmacys mission and the organizations vision by
contributing to the health satisfaction of members by providing
appropriate medications, information, and professional services in
a helping, caring, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Performs other duties as required.Basic Qualifications:
- N/A -Education
- N/A -License, Certification, Registration
- N/A -Additional Requirements:
- Excellent Customer Service and telephone reception skills
- Excellent written and verbal English-speaking communication
skills (Foreign language ability may be required at specific
- Ability to read, understand and transcribe pharmacutical
- Demonstrated mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply,
- MUST PASS BACKGROUND CHECK.
- Requires standing for long periods of time, and communicated
with co-workers and patients.
- Ability to lift/transport 1-50 lbs.
- Light to moderate carrying, pulling, pushing, walking and
frequent bending, stooping and reaching.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) Level II required.Preferred
- Must successfully pass or have passed the bilingual test
(within the last 12 months), or be active in the QBS
program.PrimaryLocation : California,Los Angeles,Hollywood Romaine
Medical OfficesHoursPerWeek : 24Shift : DayWorkdays : Mon, Tue,
Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, SunWorkingHoursStart : 12:01 AMWorkingHoursEnd
: 11:59 PMJob Schedule : Part-timeJob Type : StandardEmployee
Status : RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation :
B04-L770-UFCW-Local 770Job Level : Entry LevelJob Category :
PharmacyDepartment : HOLLYWOOD ROMAINE MED OFFICES - O/P Pharmacy
4th Floor - A - 0808Travel : Yes, 10 % of the TimeKaiser Permanente
is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and
inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital
status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity,
veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing
characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected
Keywords: Kaiser, Malibu , Pharmacy Assistant- (Bilingual Spanish), Other , Malibu, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...