Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Posted on: May 10, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
with Takeda's and . I further attest that all information I submit
in my employment application is true to the best of my
knowledge.Job DescriptionAbout the Role:The Maintenance Lead on 2nd
shift (Monday to Friday) 2:00pm to 10:30pm, is responsible under
limited supervision, identify, plan, and direct the maintenance
preventive activities and upkeep of LA Plant site manufacturing and
facilities equipment with an emphasis on, production manufacturing
equipment and support equipment. - Incumbent will be responsible
for, but not limited to lead and execute the maintenance,
troubleshooting and performing repairs on the manufacturing
equipment systems including Process Instrumentation as required.
Prepare detailed documented work orders. Understand the advance
process and control theory of a Critical or Major system.Overhaul
and perform corrective and preventive maintenance on plant
equipment, filtration systems, centripetal equipment, pumps,
sterilization, high speed filling and packaging equipment and
electrical controls and instrumentations to include, but not
limited to, Pressure/Level/Temperature/pH indicators and
transmitters, electrical distribution, variable frequency drives,
electric motors, and electrical control systems. - Additional
responsibilities may include manufacturing supports systems
equipment, and office building equipment /systems (i.e., monitor
the building management system "BMS").How you will contribute:
- Expected to demonstrate the skills and knowledge as a
- Act as the primary maintenance personnel to resolve and
communicate issues related to safety, quality, compliance, and
equipment to the supervisor.Main interface with other engineering
disciplines or departments i.e. Planning & Scheduling, Reliability
Engineering, Metrology, and manufacturing.
- Assist supervisor in organizing, scheduling, and directing
other team members.
- May act as a delegate to the supervisor in their absence.
- Participate in the training and mentoring of team members on
the Training Lab or on the process floor.
- Participate in Safety and Continuous Improvement Teams and may
serve in a leadership role.
- Initiate and/or coordinate other maintenance improvement
- Drive performance of team members by promoting a positive work
environment emphasizing Patient, Trust, Reputation, and
- Performs preventive maintenance of critical plant equipment on
a regular basis, to include, but not limited to, Manufacturing,
process support equipment and electrical control systems as
responsibility assigned to Manufacturing Maintenance in both cGMP
and non-cGMP areas.
- Responsible for repairing and or replacement of the mechanical,
electrical and controls components of Manufacturing and process
support equipment as assigned.
- Requires familiarity with generally accepted building,
plumbing, piping, electrical, and fire protection practices and
codes to include National Electrical Code (NFPA-70 and NEC) Uniform
Building Code (UBC) in compliance with L. A. City, Takeda EH&S
and Factory Mutual requirements.
- Must follow safety rules and ensure compliance with L.A. City,
CA state and federal EPA regulations and laws. Specific responsible
system repairs, upkeep, maintenance and operations managed within
regulation agencies to include but not limited to L.A. City
Building and Safety, SCAQMDM, L.A. City Bureau of Sanitation, and
- Individual will be responsible for a multi-craft duty within
the business unit and provide leadership and guidance to Mechanics
- Ability to verify mechanical and electrical drawings for
accuracy. Perform SOP job plans, and drawing redlines as
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair of critical
equipment including but not limited to: plant equipment, filtration
systems, centripetal equipment, pumps, sterilization, and
electrical controls to include, but not limited to, indicators,
electrical distribution, variable frequency drives, electric motors
and electrical control systems.
- Ability to assist Reliability Engineering Group in equipment
failure root cause analysis with prompt resolution.
- Requires familiarity with generally accepted building and
electrical codes to include NEC and UMC in compliance with LA City
and Takeda EH&S.
- Support engineering projects including but not limited to
equipment installation, commissioning, and validation process.
- Cross-train new employees and teammates.
- Follow and comply with EPA, OSHA, and NFPA regulations and with
SOPs and cGMP policies.
- Attend required training and meetings.
- Guide and perform Disposal of Hazardous Waste
- Support internal and external audits as the Maintenance Lead
- Support activities during off shift as required.
- May perform other duties as assigned.What you bring to Takeda:
- Demonstrated record of exercising proper judgment with regards
to Safety, Quality, and Maintenance decisions.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and use
- Must have customer service and leadership attitude to take
ownership of any maintenance related problem.
- Must be self-started with the ability to work independently and
use good judgment.
- Must be proactive, results oriented, and have a strong
attention to details.
- Must be able to work overtime on a short notice.
- Must be able to read and follow detailed written instructions
and have good verbal/written communication skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities.
- Must be proactive, results orientated, and have a strong
attention to detail.
- Must be able to utilize PC's for training, communication and
work schedules and close-out in a Computerized Maintenance
Management Systems (CMMS).
- Must be able to work overtime on a short notice and support
- Basic computer skills such as e-mail, internet, Microsoft
Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) are required.
- Must have a strong knowledge of manufacturing equipment
including distribution, filtration systems, process support heating
and cooling systems, centrifuges, sterilization, filter press,
autoclaves, process tanks, incubators and CIP/COP systems, PLC
based process control systems, Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- Knowledge of Delta V and CMMS systems such as JDE, Maximo, SIP,
- Knowledge of basic chemical and biological safety
- Incumbent must be proficient in a variety of mathematical
disciplines and be able to work with both the metric and USA
standards of measurement.
- Ability to read, write and interpret technical documents and
instructions, electrical and mechanical drawings, equipment
blueprints and piping and instrumentation drawings (P&ID).
- Must have customer service and leadership attitude to take
ownership of any maintenance related problem.
- Associates Degree preferred
- A.A./A.S. technical discipline or Journeyman skilled craft
training/apprenticeship certificate or commensurate combination of
technical education and experience is highly desirable.
- Process Instrumentation and/or Calibration experience in a
pharmaceutical manufacturing environment highly desirable,
pharmaceutical manufacturing environment or equivalent
- Basic Qualifications:--- High school diploma or GED required. -
2+ -years of experience--- Skilled craft training/apprenticeship
certificate or commensurate combination of technical education and
- Preferred Qualifications:
- --- 2 year technical/ A.A./A.S. technical discipline or
Journeyman skilled craft training/apprenticeship certificate or
commensurate combination of technical education and experience is
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary
work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring
special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements
and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial
fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- Will work in a cold, wet environment
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- May be required to work in a confined area.
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.What Takeda can
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursementMore about us:At Takeda, we are
transforming patient care through the development of novel
specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support
programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and
empower you to grow through life-changing work.Certified as a
Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages
innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We
foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams
are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and
a Brighter Future to people around the world.Empowering our people
to shine:Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse
workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability,
citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital
status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran,
or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by
law.Location and Salary Information: This post excludes CO
applicants#GMSGQ #ZR1EEO StatementTakeda is proud in its commitment
to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national
origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or
characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran,
special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance
with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other
characteristic protected by law.LocationsUSA - CA - Los AngelesUSA
- CA - Van NuysWorker TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Malibu , Maintenance Lead, Professions , Malibu, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!