Certified Phlebotomy Technician
Company: Malibu Medical Group
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Certified Phlebotomy TechnicianJob ObjectiveThis position is
responsible for phlebotomy, specimen processing/handling.
Processing all specimen types to assure accurate type of
registration, processing of specimens, and ordering tests.
Maintaining adequate supplies and participates in interdepartmental
- Office Manager, Director
- Required: High School Education/GED or equivalent
- Required: Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT)
- Preferred: 1 year experience as CPT
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance
policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or
concerns and report suspected violations.
- Properly identifies patient using two identifiers and collects
specimens by venipuncture, heelstick, or fingerstick by established
- Orders and processes laboratory requests in accordance with
established procedures to assure timely and accurate collection and
- Adheres to HIPAA standards when using, disclosing or requesting
protected health information.
- Utilizes time productively: maintains cleanliness (including
disinfecting work area), reorders and /or restocks supplies,
assists co-workers with tasks.
- Complies with all State and federal regulations.
- Follows established protocol for laboratory encounters.
- Trains new staff members.
- Accesses, interprets, and acts on shift/daily follow-up tasks
to ensure that all specimens have been processed and in a timely
- Demonstrates ability to process, audit, and order body fluids
correctly for all specimens.
- Works closely with nurses and physicians to ensure that
ambiguous or unusual test requests are handled appropriately.
- Handles laboratory results, reports, shipping documents
- Acts as a liaison for the laboratory to all other departments,
staff, and patients.
- Performs all duties proficiently, efficiently, and
- Performs daily/weekly/monthly safety and maintenance logs.
- Uses all laboratory equipment appropriately (pneumatic tube,
fax, centrifuges, computers, copiers).
- Performs other duties as necessary.
Keywords: Malibu Medical Group, Malibu , Certified Phlebotomy Technician, Professions , Malibu, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!