Sweeper Driver - Class A/B
Company: Athens Services
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Great Drivers Work at Athens! Give us a call at (888)
Overview & Essential Job Functions
The Sweeper Driver is responsible for safely operating a heavy-duty
sweeper truck to perform assigned duties on cleaning the city's
surface streets and/or parking lots. This position is responsible
for efficiently servicing the city, while complying with all local,
state, and federal transportation regulations and with Company
Essential Job Functions
- Operates sweeping vehicle that cleans streets of trash and
other accumulation by activating and controlling the rotary brushes
and water spray.
- Ensures waste, supplies and material handling equipment is
secured prior to operating sweeper.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle
utilizing standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
- Ensures vehicle is operating correctly while on the route and
notifies Route Supervisor/Dispatch/Maintenance of any
- Understands and practices operating as prescribed in Athens
Services Safety Rules.
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations/service calls to
Route Supervisor/Dispatch before attempting service.
- Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training,
briefings, and Safety meetings as required by the Company.
- Makes use of standard tools and resources provided by the
- Works closely with Route Supervisors to improve route
efficiencies and identify on-road issues.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Supervisor or
Dispatch, assisting other company drivers as directed.
- Notifies Route Supervisor of any
- Provides a positive professional customer attitude when dealing
Qualifications & Environmental Demands
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Class B Driver's License.
- 1 year of previous experience.
- Acceptable Driver Record.
- Able to meet all DOT requirements.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations.
- Bilingual English / Spanish
- Work experience in the waste, environmental services, energy,
or transportation industry.
- Standing, walking, seeing, hearing, & smelling
- Problem solving, oral/written communication, analytical
ability, concentration, & interpersonal abilities
- Eye/hand coordination, handling, & wrist motion
- Bending, reaching, stretching, frequently, and lifting ≤ 50
- Exposure to dust, smoke, fumes, odors, grease, oil, chemicals,
wet/hot conditions, & noise continuously.
- Works outside only.
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefit package Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Career plan
- Recognition programs
- Professional development learning
- An exceptional work environment
Athens will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and any
other applicable state, federal or local laws.
Qualified A/B CDL Drivers, please CLICK APPLY below or Give us a
CALL at (888) 501-1893.We look forward to your membership to the
Keywords: Athens Services, Malibu , Sweeper Driver - Class A/B, Professions , Malibu, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!