Business Systems Analyst
Company: Centene Corporation
Posted on: September 16, 2019
Position Purpose: The Business Systems Analyst identifies and
presents business and technical specifications based on customer
and business needs, industry best practices and available
technology. Implements processes, systems and applications to meet
the company's business initiatives. Responsible for driving low to
moderately complex systems requirements (6 or less participants
and/or budget of less than $200K).
- Consults with management and staff to identify and document
business needs and objectives, current operational procedures,
problems, input and output requirements, data scope, usage,
formatting, and security requirements.
- Communicates the business requirements and technical
specifications to the technical/programming department.
- Develops, coordinates, and implements plans to test business
and functional processes.
- Develops, tests, installs, and modifies functional
- Writes and maintains functional specifications for new or
modified business systems. Creates or assists others in the writing
of user documentation, instructions, and procedures. Monitors and
documents post-implementation problems and revision
- Consults and coordinates with systems analysts and programmers
to design and develop automated business systems.
- Coordinates the implementation of technological functions to
- Develops, tracks and manages project plans including goals,
strategy, resource scheduling, timelines, and budget.
- Provides end-user application support.
- Analyzes existing systems to determine more efficient
processing methods or to identify errors.
- Conducts preliminary investigation for all project requests.
Reviews requirements, specifications, testing plans, support and
training plans to ensure they are in line with business
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Finance/Accounting,
Business or other technical/analytical field or equivalent
- Minimum three years analytical and data processing experience.
- IT experience
- Health Care or other applicable industry experience
- Knowledge in Medicare products
- Strong technical skills with MS Access, Excel and
- Familiarity with Agile System Development
-Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to
diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or
other characteristic protected by applicable law. -
Keywords: Centene Corporation, Malibu , Business Systems Analyst, Professions , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!